Motorcycles & Daycare Day2

June 27, 2008

Emily and Jared's babies were still sleeping when the pair, dressed in black leather, headed into the sunrise with the sound of thunder filling the quiet cul-de-sac.  I watched them go and promised myself I would not worry about their safety on the endless ride to Nevada.  It was comforting to know that several bikes were making the journey together--several bikes could constitute a gang I suppose, but I didn't allow my mind to go there either.  I wished them well on their way.

The day was very quiet for those of us left behind.  I don't know if it was the long day on the road the day before or what, but we made ourselves at home and played with children.  Carly was unsure of who Jill and I were.  She played with her cousins, Robyn, Ben and Noah, studying their every move.  Devyn smiled at whomever would feed her.  The children played in the sprinkler.  

We ordered Chinese food for dinner and as the sun slipped behind the Rocky Mountains the children settled for the evening.  Jill and I enjoyed the quiet and cooling night.

Comments

Popular Posts