Bravely Bold


Day 28 ~ Beyond Layers


"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." ~ Sara Anderson


Many of us don't realize how strong or brave we've been until we glance over our shoulders to see how far we've come on life's journey. I have been brave for the big things...child abuse, loss of a baby girl, birth of a handicapped son, divorce, a move, and yet I'm fearful of judgement which really gets in the way of creativity and many other everyday aspects of my life.

Our assignment was to reflect on how we've been brave at our darkest hour and to write a list of 5 things related to our own art, that we'd to attempt if we had the courage. It's easy to acknowledge my past achievements, but much more difficult to write a list of 5 things I'd like to accomplish if I were fearless. Included in the assignment was a challenge to create an image that would symbolize the word "brave" to be used as encouragement. 


This image, for me, expresses just that. I'm at the bottom of the stairway, but there's light all around and light on the treads. Step by step (baby steps) I plan to overcome the simple fears that plague my days. There's still so much in my life to share and give...I'm waiting to see what unfolds.





Comments

Popular Posts