Mail Call

I must say that the Liberate Your Art postcard swap I participated in this year has changed me.  I loved creating the postcards and I loved receiving the postcard works of art. Having moved away from family and grandchildren especially, I looked for a way to maintain and nurture my relationship with them from far away. 

I had a few postcards left over from the project and I sent them on to family and friends...I continued to liberate My art and it was such a joy to add a simple message before sending them off. Then it dawned on me...wouldn't it be fun for the grandchildren to receive postcards from me...the images being photos of themselves. We get together often enough that I have recent pictures of them...some were taken at our yearly gathering in Moab, Utah, others were taken when they visited me here in Texas for the first time, and still other shots were gathered at birthday celebrations.

 I went through a lot of images and selected two photos for each grandchild. Since the postcards are for children, I didn't worry too much about the quality of the shot or how I processed it. I ran all the images through RadLab, added colorful borders where needed...and that was it. I can't wait to get them back from Moo.com. Here's a sampling of what I created!


Ben

Devyn

Devyn, Lindsey & Carly

Ellie

Jill (my daughter), Logan & Ben

Millie

Noah and Carly

Robyn

Comments

  1. What a great project and what beautiful grandchildren. I'm sure they will love receiving special mail from their grandma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe how many there are? I have one more on the way...another little girl...which will little girl number 4 for my daughter Emily. I think everyone will be done having children...I sure hope so. Thanks for taking the time to comment. It was a labor of love!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! I can't wait until my grandchildren are old enough to do this! (And the grandchildren are just gorgeous!) It is hard to be away from your grandchildren. I have one here, but the other one is clear across the country, but that may change shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaving my grandchildren has been the hardest part of moving to Texas. I have nine grandchildren right now with one more on the way. I can't believe my children had so many children...I have four! It will be so wonderful for you when everyone is close by. Isn't it amazing how we can love grandchildren as if they were our own.

      xo

      Delete
  3. What a great idea to send postcards to your grandchildren - I'm sure they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I've been sending random Texas postcards and some of them are young enough they carry the cards around for days...so sweet. It was so much fun and freeing to make them. Now I can't wait to get them back and send them.

      xo

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! By the way, I'm envious of where you're going on vacation. Enjoy! You have beautiful grandkids!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by...I appreciate your visit!

Popular Posts