Mixed Media and the Global heART Exchange



I'm participating in several postcard swaps in hopes to meet others and learn from them. I have this desire to learn how to use mixed media, however, when the perfectionism demon has control of you, one has the most frustrating experience in allowing whatever may happen...happen. I'm afraid to put my hand to paper. I've begun by purchasing Sizzix paper cutting system with many dies from Tim Holtz as well has his papers. I like the results, but I have so much to learn and explore...but what about that perfectionism. 

I found this quote that is true for me:

“At its root, perfectionism isn’t really about a deep love of being meticulous. It’s about fear. Fear of making a mistake. Fear of disappointing others. Fear of failure. Fear of success.” 
                                                                                                                 ― Michael Law


Everyday I plan on creating additional postcards to send to some really fabulous individuals I've met through postcard swaps and everyday I sabotage myself and find any other possible thing to do rather than spend time in creativity. I've even joined another group of mixed media artists with the goal to spend one half hour creating and share it on the Facebook page. If I didn't have this "thing" I can feel in my chest driving me to try something in mixed media, I'd just let it go and spend more time cleaning the house. :o) But, I can't. I must get past this frustrating impediment. 

My word for 2018 is Worthy. My daughter, Emily, sent me a beautiful piece of art designed by Kelly Rae Roberts. The words written down the length of an angels dress are these:

"As she took the journey back to her wings, she embraced the truth that she was worthy and that she was enough, just as she was, imperfections and all." 

I hope to embrace these words this year. The canvas hangs in a prominent place in my workroom. I'll be reading the words everyday.





Comments

  1. Wow. This is so beautiful. Just as I touched your postcard today, thinking about how I'll blog about it. It arrived when I needed it. Don't know if I ever told you that. But running across this blog post which unpacks it...You have saved me some words. I'll just "reblog" or quote your words.

    Note: Some BlogSpot blog won't let me post using my name and URL for some strange reason. And for some reason these blogs want to ID me as Dr. Mountain, and not Chandra Lynn, as I'm ID'd in my Google profile and email. It's driving me crazy, but I really wanted to comment and let you know how much I love this postcard even more because of the post and quotes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by...I appreciate your visit!

Popular Posts