Across The Field From Where I Live


I'm constantly taking photos of the fields and pastures I can see as I step off my front porch. This grassy land sits west of my home. Almost everyday the light plays in the tall grass and along the foothills of the Stansbury Mountains. Storm clouds gather along the high slope of the mountains and as the sun sets spectacular colors form on the underside of the billowing white clouds. 

Grantsville, Utah is an old place founded in the late 1800's and rainfall here is limited. The trees are few except where planted in front yards of the growing neighborhoods...folks moving in from Salt Lake City. Old fences cut across acres of alfalfa, but most land sits idle now. I can only imagine what life was like when pioneers made their way through here on their way to California.

On this particular day, the light had my eye focused on the hay bales sitting some distance from where I stood. I'm so thankful for long lenses.


Comments

Popular Posts