My Mother's Flowers ~ Wilted


Home from taking care of my mom following her surgery. Her flowers began to wilt, but unlike these flowers my mother continues to embrace her life and lives in defiance of any diagnosis she may receive. She's 90 and amazing.

In working on this image I tried to capture the light and accentuate it and for some reason I wanted the photo dark and moody in the background.  I spent a lot of time working on this... sometimes feeling like I was forcing the issue, but I was driven to make something of it. 

The photograph was actually taken outside...vase sitting on a slab of granite in my mother's yard...in early morning light.

Comments

  1. Every picture tells a story...and to me this one very simply says: BREATHE! Glad to see you are back in the saddle. You are a good daughter. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I love that you see the message as BREATHE. I didn't think of it that way so I'm glad you've given me a new perspective. Take care!

      Delete
  2. I like knowing how much effort you put in to making this image what you wanted it to be. As viewers, we only see the finished results - but knowing your thought process about what you wanted this image to say gives it greater depth and emotional resonance. Thinking of you and your mother - so glad to hear that she is doing well, living her life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just the best!!! Thank you so much for always finding the positive way to see things and then comment on what I've done with so much encouragement. I so appreciate you!

      Take care!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by...I appreciate your visit!

Popular Posts