Intuitive




"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."   Steve Jobs

I'm really trying to find my way creatively. I'm especially looking to find my intuitive self. As I begin any project I am so afraid of actually putting my "hand" on it as I don't want to make a mistake. I'm a perfectionist and I'm always wanting to be in control. 

Collage is tricky for me. I look at the work of others and it looks so flawless. I've practiced their techniques, but I haven't felt intuitive in putting it all together. One day I started laying down papers in a way that felt comfortable to me. I love straight lines so I let them show up in this project. I cut most the my papers rather than tearing them because of my preference for straight lines. I'm finally happy with collage. I'll see where this leads me.



Comments

Popular Posts