Sometimes I Read...


More practice with Still Life Photography. This image was processed with one of Kim Klassen's presets and one of her textures. The texture is called Cool Grunge and it's become one of my favorites. I do wonder why the color of images changes so much between one application and another. I notice some purple tones here where on Facebook and Flickr there are non. 

My take on this image is this...I like the composition and texture, but I tend set things up in such a structured way. I love straight lines...my house is full of them, but I would like to be a bit more fluid in how I put things together. I'm at the beginning of my Still Life journey so I hope to make some inroads in that direction. This might be clue to my personality...I need to let go. I don't need or want to control everything.


Comments

  1. Oh, you are talking to the queen of straight lines - so I completely understand. Perhaps that is one of the reasons I am so attracted to your photography - we share that straight line sensibility. Here, I think the trailing ivy adds a softness and fluidity to this image as well as the round pot and glass piece. I think you have found a wonderful combination of elements.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by...I appreciate your visit!

Popular Posts